Friday, May 20, 2011

Kitchen Before and After

Our kitchen when we bought the house: The backsplash, countertops, and floor were all the same ugly tile. We replaced the backsplash with tumbled stone on a diagonal, and replaced the countertops with granite. The island already had a granite slab top, so I had to match it. We popped up the bar and trimmed it out with beaded boards and added corbels. We antiqued all the cabinets, painted the island an ebony color and antiqued it, and tore out those hideous pendants and replaced them with one chandelier. The wall color and ceiling color were also changed to a slightly more golden neutral.And the after:



Please excuse the blurry photo, hopefully you get the idea. It is time for a new camera.


I love this kitchen and how it functions. Normally, you never see the cooktop in front of a window (this one has a snorkel draft), but it has been nice. I spend so much time there, and I like looking out the window, instead of staring at stone tiles. Our next house we will build ourselves, and I want a similar kitchen, but we will do the standard sink under the window and the cooktop in front of a backsplash with an overhead draft.


Anyways...we have had painters in the house yesterday and again today, doing some touch-ups, and trying to keep Lil out of their way has not been fun!


Happy Friday!!!

















1 comment:

  1. i loved reading this and i feel a little closer to you just reading about your day! i love you! i am working on your blog header!

    ReplyDelete