Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Beach!

We just got back from 8 wonderful days at the beach! I loaded down the Sequoia and picked up Dustin's parents. Dustin was in a meeting in NC the week before, so we had to pick him up at the Panama City airport. This was the car before we picked up Neena and Papaw...just mine and Lil's stuff! They about died when I opened the trunk! (They made me deflate turtle so Papaw could see out of the back!)










The first five days we stayed at Tops'l in San Destin. The weather could not have been any more perfect! Lil LOVES the beach. She stayed so busy playing in the sand and loved swimming in the "WaaEERRR"



Dinner at Baytowne Wharf:


Lil was not into the family photo...squirming to get down.


Dinner at the Whale's Tail:






She LOVES french fries and thought this was hilarious!


My camera card ran out of memory on our third day, so all our other pics are on my mother-in-law's camera.


My family was staying near Rosemary Beach, so one day Dustin, Lillian, and I drove down to see them. My dad bought a cornhole (sp?) game, and all the guys had a blast competeing. I have heard that my dad is the cornhole king and he is so proud! The last three days we spent at Portofino in Pensacola. This place is amazing. We will stay here from now on. The condos and views are so gorgeous, the food is amazing, there are so many pools, and things to do! We did not want to leave!




Lillian is now twenty months (I can not believe it)


She is cutting her molars and it has been a NIGHTMARE!!! I am SO lucky to say that she has only been sick twice in her short little life, one ear infection, and one virus. She is always so happy and sleeps so well, except for right now! The teething pain makes her so restless and she cries hysterically and throws fits. She wakes up in the night and will NOT let me put her down, so she ends up in the bed with us, which is the one thing I said I would never do! :( Praying this passes quickly!!!


She is such a funny girl and answers any question with DOE (no) or Okkaaie (okay)


She is obsessed with airplanes. Anytime one flies by she hollars Paaee and points up in the sky.


She talks about her cousin Bryce all the time.


Talks on the phone all the time.


LOVES Blue's Clues still.


Loves french fries and any fruit, butterbeans, peas, not much on meat.


Loves to dance and it is so funny. She shakes her hips back and forth so fast....did not get that from me!


Says please and thank you all the time.


Is loving school (MMO)


She is pretty fearless...loves water, slides, and anything fast.


Sings ALL the time.


Knows O, A, B, C, and L of the ABC's


Reads outloud in her own jibberish. I find her in her room sitting on the floor with her Beginner's Bible pointing to the pages and "reading" out loud.




She is SO much fun and such a joy. She is very tall for her age. wonder why? :) I thank God everyday for blessing me with such a special girl!














1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Katie! I just stopped by your blog for the first time in forever, and I cannot believe how big Lillian is. Almost 2 years old already. She is so beautiful! Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete