Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wow. Where Do I Start?

These past few months have been the busiest of my life. So much has happened! I'll start with Sweat Pea.


Yes, we are having a baby GIRL! We were really surprised. For some reason, everyone knew it was a boy. Probably because I am the oldest of three girls, so everyone thought surely a boy was coming. But I am THRILLED with a girl. I have had my fabric for a girl nursery for FOUR years! (weird i know).


The first three months of this pregnancy was a total nightmare for me. I was miserable. I was sick all the time, found out I was anemic, my hormones went crazy and my face broke out in acne everywhere (i've never had acne.) not.fun. I also break out in a heat rash in the sun. I had that nasty mettallic taste in my mouth constantly. I had always said I wanted three or four kids, and as soon as I got pregnant, I was content with one! But now I am 20 weeks and feeling pretty "normal." I feel her moving all the time, and that one first kick made the entire first three months completely worth it! I actually LOVE this part of pregnancy. We have still not decided on a name yet...I am open to suggestions...?



Since my last post we sold our house and had one month to remodel our new house and move in. It nearly killed us. The entire house was painted inside and out - walls, trim, ceilings. I made myself sick three times by walking into the house right after the painters left. We replaced countertops, mirrors, trim, sheetrock, light fixtures, carpet, wood, etc. It took us 26 hours to move in the pouring down rain. Nice. But we are in and I love it. The inside is just about finished, now we gotta start on the landscaping! It is horrible. I will post pictures soon.



Dustin flew to Washington D.C. for a surgery Friday, and just got back Monday. We decided that it would be best for his mom to go with him inside of me, because she is ALOT more assertive than I am. And he needed alot of help getting through the airport and all after surgery. Dustin has had extensive nerve damage for several years due to a hernia repair when he was seventeen. After many other surgeries, and tons of pain management, every Dr. we saw gave us no hope. Dustin finally found Dr. Ducic at Georgetown hospital over the internet. Dr. Ducic came up with a surgery specifically for patients with extensive nerve damage. To make a long story short, Dustin was a perfect candidate for the surgery. The Dr. was very pleased with how the surgery went, and truly believes that it was successful!! Dustin is now on strict orders not to lift anything over 8 lbs. for the next six months....which is like chinese torture to him. He is also on strict orders to stay home and in bed this week, which is where I am now, making sure he does not overdo it.

And his sister, Nichole, is scheduled to have her baby girl tomorrow!

So, yes, I feel like we have had alot going on! I am so ready for things to slow down, so we can just enjoy the summer and get ready for this baby! I have not even had time to look for cribs yet, or even maternity clothes!
I will post belly pics and house pics soon!

3 comments:

  1. you have had SO much going on, your friend hasn't even gotten to see you. :( oh. and you STILL aren't in maternity clothes?? "you make me sick." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so fun. i have a whole list of favorite girl names!!! i know you're so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, y'all have been very busy. good to hear an update. best wishes on dustin's recovery! i'm so glad you are feeling better. can't wait to see sweet bump photos! how is amanda doing? when is she due?

    ReplyDelete